Sunday, September 26, 2010

What the hell was I thinking?

This was the year I decided to learn to sail.  I made up my mind.  I was going to put the years of screaming, yelling and fighting away, and start fresh. 

Mark and I already owned a Grampian 26 (Aeolian Asylum).  Great little bullet-proof boat that we (more he) sailed out of The Port of Newcastle Marina on the north shores of Lake Ontario.  We joined the Newcastle Yacht Club, very quickly made friends, and I watched from shore.  They all laughed and smiled while they cruised and raced.  They couldn't all be crazy, there must be something to this, there must be something I'm missing.  I've got it..............

...."Honey, we need a bigger boat!"

And so starts the adventures of Mark, Christine and the Morgan 33T named Abracadabra.

No comments:

Post a Comment