Monday, September 27, 2010

It's just dirt

Yup, that's what he said, "It's just dirt, she'll clean up fine".   I debated it for a long time.   Am I stupid?  Or do I just love him?  The jury's still out!



The cabin top looking aft.  A mess of dirty lines.


  The filth here didn't scare me.  Only requirement - elbow grease. 
I should have taken a picture of the birds nest in the boom.


Other than the fact it was dirty, the galley didn't appear that bad.
The oven was spotless!


Though I should save the worst for last.  The salon was atrocious. 

By the end of that Tuesday afternoon the offer had been made and accepted.  Mark and I now owned two sailboats.  We bought her on the hard, we didn't know if the motor ran, or if it would float.  We knew it was the right size, included an amazing amount of hardware and sails, and was certainly the right price.  

Mark's a wood shop teacher,  and I sew marine upholstery.  Between the two of us, we have the skills and passion to put her back together (I tell myself everyday).  We're really putting our knowledge to the test with this baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment